Help us pass out flyers and sign up volunteers at the largest vegetarian festival in DC on Saturday, September 24, from 11 – 6 pm. It’s expected that there will be over 15,000 people attending this festival and we expect that many in attendance will support Jill Stein or be open to support her. You can join us whenever you can get there, and leave when you must. Give us 1, 2 or 3 hours, to make contact with the attendees and provide them with information about Jill and help win them over with your enthusiasm. We will have a table at the festival and will be giving out flyers for Jill and have yard signs, T-shirts, and buttons for sale as well. Cheap too.
We will be at booth #70. If you have a Jill Stein T-shirt, please wear it. We will sell them to our volunteers for $7. For all others, the price will be $10.
The canvass at the DC Vegfest is a joint effort by Jill Stein volunteers in the Washington Metropolitan Area. If you have any questions about this effort, please contact me, Joe Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at 301-755-7899. Or contact Diana Castillo at 202-640-0054.
The best way to get there is by taking the Metro to the Navy Yard station. See Directions below
Aside from campaigning for Jill, you will enjoy the festival too. More info on the festival can be found at the following link:
Reasons to Attend the DC VegFest
- FREE admission
- FREE food samples
- The first 1,000 attendees receive a FREE tote bag full of samples and coupons!
- More than 130 vendors
- Beer garden
- Live music
- Cooking demonstrations
- Presentations from renowned authors and celebrities
- More than 15,000 attendees
- Kids’ activity area
- Since this is an outdoor event, leashed dogs are welcome! We have a Barking Lot so dogs can have shade and a drink
- Directions: The best way to get there is by Metro: Navy Yard Station (Green line, Half and M St. Exit)
- DC VegFest is located one block from the Navy Yard Metro station on the green line.
- Board or transfer to the green line and get off at the Navy Yard station, exiting via the Half and M St. exit. Proceed along Half St. SE until you reach N St SE. Turn left onto N St. and proceed to First St. SE. The venue is located at the corner of First St. and N St. SE, directly across First St. from Nationals Park.
- September 24, 2016 at 11am – 6pm
DC VegFest - (Booth #70)
Intersection of N St SE and First St SE
Lot H/I, across from Nationals Park
Washington, DC 20003
Google map and directions
- 6 people are going