The Commission on Presidential Debates is co-chaired by former high-ranking Republican and Democratic officials to ensure that the interests of the RNC & DNC are protected. However, the CPD is officially run by its Board of Directors, which includes more former Republican and Democratic officials as well as other prominent Americans to give it a veneer of legitimacy. If these board members do control debate decisions, then they uphold this rigged system, and we have a right to reach them and have them answer our questions publicly.
We demand that they each step forward for public interview to answer the question:
Over 75% of Americans support Open Debates, do you?
The Commission of Presidential Debates provides it contact information on its website. However, we know from past experiences that those emails go unread and calls go unreturned. Thus, we must pressure the individual members of the board to be publicly accountable for these fraudulent debates that the vast majority of Americans want to be open.
However, the Commission on Presidential Debates does not provide a way to reach individual members for them to be publicly accountable. Whether it be by social media, phone, email, or peaceful demonstration on-site, we will get the message to them that they cannot both support these sham debates and also stay hidden. This message may be delivered through direct contact information, or it may have to go through their places of employment as well as the corporations and universities where they also sit on the board
If 76 percent of Americans support open debates, then certainly some of the CPD Board of Directors do as well. We ask them to step forward publicly and ask for a public vote by the Board of Directors on open debates. Either way, these persons must be on record where they stand.
Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., Former Chairman of the Republican National Committee
- Board member of various Gabelli financial companies (Rye, NY): @MarioGabelli or Contact Us/Locations.
- Board member of First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA): @firstrepublic, Contact Us, or Locations.
- Board member of El Dorado Resorts (Reno, NV): Contact Us/Locations.
Michael D. McCurry, Former Press Secretary for Bill Clinton
- Council at Public Strategies Washington (Washington, DC): 214-363-3990 or email@example.com.
- Professor at Wesley Theological Seminary (Washington, DC): @WesleyTheoSem or Contact Us/Location.
- He will teach a class this fall that gives his students the option to attend the 2nd Presidential debate in Saint Louis.
- Private Twitter account: @mmccurry.
Jimmy Carter, Former Democratic President
- Founder of The Carter Center: Contact us.
- President Carter responds to letters: The Carter Center, 453 Freedom Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30307.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Howard G. Buffett, Chairman/CEO, Howard G. Buffett Foundation
- CEO of Howard G. Buffett Foundation (Decatur, IL): 217-423-9286 or Contact Us.
- Howard W. Buffer, his son: @hbuffett on Twitter.
John C. Danforth, Former Republican U.S. Senator
- Partner at Dowd Bennet law firm (St. Louis): firstname.lastname@example.org, 314-889-7342 (his line), or Contact Us.
- Part-owner of the St. Louis Blues NHL team: @StLouisBlues or Contact Us.
- John Danforth Center @ Washington University (St. Louis): @CtrRelPol or Contact Us.
- Danforth Center is hosting "Danforth Dialogues" theday before the 2nd debate at Washington University.
Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr., Former Republican Governor
- President of Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN): @purduemitch, email@example.com, or Contact Us/Location.
- Board of Cerner Corporation (Kansas City, MO): @cerner or Contact Us/Locations.
- Board of Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis): @IN_Intelligence or Contact Us/Locations.
Charles Gibson, Former Host of Good Morning America; Former ABC News Anchor
- (The Kaiser Family Foundation has previously been a sponsor of the debates.)
- Former Host of Good Morning America: @GMA.
John Griffen, Managing Director of Allen & Company LLC
- Director of Allen & Company LLC (Lakeland, FL): @allenandcompany or Contact Us/Locations.
- Advisor at Business Talent Group: @theBTG or Contact Us/Locations.
Jane Harman, Former Democratic Congresswoman
- President/CEO, Woodrow Wilson Center for Scholars (Washington, DC): @TheWilsonCenter, 202-691-4202, Contact Us/Location.
- Board of Trustees at University of Southern California (Los Angeles): @USC or Contact Us/Location.
- Board of Iridium Communications (McLean, VA): @IridiumComm or Contact Us/Locations.
- Board of Newsweek/Daily Beast (NYC): @thedailybeast, @johnavlon, @newsweek, & @jimpoco.
Antonia Hernandez, President/CEO, California Community Foundation
- President/CEO of CCF (Los Angeles): firstname.lastname@example.org, 213-383-2046 ext 236, or @calfund.
- Board of Council on Foundations (Arlington, VA): @COF_ or Contact Us/Location.
- Board of Center on Budget & Policy Priorities (Washington, DC): @CenterOnBudget or Contact Us/Location.
- Advisory Board of UCLA School of Law (Los Angeles, CA): @UCLA_Law, @UCLALaw_Alumni, or Contact Us/Location.
Reverend John I. Jenkins, President of University of Notre Dame
- President of Notre Dame University (Notre Dame, IN): @NotreDame, 574-631-3903, email@example.com, or Contact Us/Location.
- Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences's Commission on the Humanities & Social Sciences: @americanacad.
Jim Lehrer, Former PBS News Anchor
- Former Anchor of PBS NewsHour: @NewsHour or Contact Your Local PBS Station.
- Governing Council of UVA's Miller Center (Charlottesville, VA): @Miller_Center, Contact Us/Location, @terrysulli, Contact UVA President.
- Senior Counsel at Sidley Austin LLP (Chicago): @SidleyLaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-853-7555, or Locations/Contact Us.
- Board of Trustees at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL): @NorthwesternU or Contact Us/Location.
- Board of Trustees at Notre Dame University: @NotreDame, 574-631-3903, email@example.com, or Contact Us/Location.
Richard D. Parsons, Former Chairman of Citigroup; Former Chairman & CEO of TimeWarner
- Senior Advisor at Providence Equity Partners LLC (Providence, RI): Contact Us/Locations.
- Board of Teach for America: @TeachForAmerica or @VillanuevaBeard.
- Board of Estée Lauder (NYC): @EsteeLauder or Contact Us/Locations.
- Director at Lazard: @LazardLtd, Contact Us, or Locations.
Dorothy S. Ridings, Former President of the League of Women Voters
- Former President of the League of Women Voters (Washington, DC): @LVW, Contact Us, or Find a Local League.
- (Contact your local chapter of the League of Women Voters and encourage them to sponsor an Open Debate!)
- Board of Community Foundation of Louisville (Louisville, KY): @CFLouisville or Contact Us/Locations.
Olympia Snowe, Former Republican U.S. Senator
- Board of National Institute for Civil Discourse, Univ. of AZ (Tucson, AZ): @NICDInstitute, Contact/Location, @UofA, Contact UA President.
- Professor at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ): firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-258-2900, Contact Princeton U's President.
- Trustee of Amherst College (Amherst, MA): @AmherstCollege, @Biddy_Martin, Contact Amherst's President.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE COMMISSION
Janet H. Brown, Former Republican White House Staffer & Congressional Staffer (for CPD Member John C. Danforth)
- Executive Director of Commission on Presidential Debates (Washington, DC): email@example.com
- Commission on Presidential Debates, 1200 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036.