Catch up with the campaign on the road. We'll be crisscrossing the country to meet supporters, hear your ideas, and build a movement.
The struggle for fair and verifiable elections, emergency management and gerrymandering continues in Detroit.
Come to the Michigan Voter Justice Conference during Detroit’s Democracy Week.
Saturday, July 22nd, 8:30-5:30
Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
315 East Warren Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201
Dr. Jill Stein, the Green Party's 2016 Presidential Candidate and leader of the Recounts in PA, WI and MI, will lead off the morning plenaries with expert speakers on Michigan’s Recount, Emergency Management andGerrymandering.
Afternoon workshops will cover
- Jim Crow Elections,
- 2016 Recount Stats & Issues,
- Recount History,
- Old & New Voting Machines,
- Electoral College & Rank Choice Voting,
- Citizens United & Corporate Personhood,
- Flint Water Crisis,
- Water Shutoffs for Detroit & Flint,
- Detroit/Flint Bankruptcy & Litigation,
- Schools/Dissolving & Inkster,
- Ballot Initiatives for Emergency Management Law and Cannabis, and
- Reparations and Current Gerrymandering Initiatives.
Admission is free with RSVP. Continental breakfast, a box lunch, and childcare for ages 3-12 years old will be provided.
RSVP now while space is available! This event is sponsored by the Reparations Labor Union and Recount 2016.